www.FacesInBetween.org (a non-profit in NYC that I started)
NOTE: I’m providing somewhat abbreviated responses because I have an 8-week old newborn and she doesn’t approve of me working on my computer and ignoring her! :)
1) What inspired you to become a healer?I was first inspired while working with seriously mentally ill patients as a psychiatric technician in a state psychiatric hospital after college. Mostly, I actually saw a lot of doctors who I didn’t think were doing the best for the patients. I wanted to be the opposite of them!
2) Describe your dream clinic/practice/workspace/job:Non-profitThe ability to see all patients, regardless of ability to payProviding care to a diverse (in many ways) population of patientsA community farm with goats and a gardenProducing crops or other things to sell and help support the programsGroupsGoat yoga!Walking distance from my homeTelemedicine in my PJsHaving my family involved Healing people through real, meaningful connectionsHouse calls
3) Describe your dream life:
Spending as much time as possible with my familyWorking less than 40 hours a week with flexible hoursTraveling with my familyLots of time for running and being outdoorsCooking meals for my family with fruits and veggies from my gardenFeeling fulfilled and at peace
4) What book are you most excited about and why?
Your Money or Your Life - I have an extraordinary amount of student loan debt and an unhealthy relationship with money. I’m really excited about finding a way to handle my debt and live a life without student loan debt handcuffs!
5) What are you hoping to take away from this course?Inspiration. Ideas. Courage. And a more concrete plan for converting my current practice into a non-profit, changing it more into my dream practice, and figuring out how to obtain student debt loan forgiveness through the PSLF program, if possible!
6) LAUNCH DATES
Free Range Psychiatry (sole proprietorship) - 1/2/18
Free Range Psychiatry Inc. (non-profit) - goal is 10/27/18